Lineage 2 Tower Forum

Full Version: --==BANHAMMER==--
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got ban on 2 pickupers...98 and 99...sever magmeld,gf and hb...sad day
Got banned 1 toon , tank . hasn't been on for a week except for dailies. all other toons fine.

My theory is :

1: GM 's are on , spamming unknowns (item 2xxxx 1 to 20 ) , banning.
2: GM 's scanning inventories for all accounts database for unknown items , banning.
3: GM 's auctioning bot reports, see person is botting , banned.

Basically, we're all screwed. Lay low, hope they don't stay for long.
I thing that they're trying to reduce server load at the same time filtering paying , non paying customers and bots.

I'm sure paying customers would get special benefits. What business would turn away money?
Was just planning to come back to l2 and put my parties back online Sad

BTW I saw some people saying they use /xcfg and only select drops they want to pick up. IT DOES NOT WORK. If you go /xcfg and only select adena for pickup you will still pickup unknowns.

Has anyone gotton banned using normal /pickup command? Example: with macro spamming F1 pickup?
If you set the mobs you want to attack and what to pick up it should work. I have a toon now going for 14 hrs straight with no ban. My reference toon which attacked and picked up everything got banned within 4 hrs.

Would appreciate if more people could do that test. Don't bother to do it in lowbie land or starup village. I doubt they drop hidden items and mobs there.
(03-17-2014 12:20 PM)lovehart Wrote: [ -> ]If you set the mobs you want to attack and what to pick up it should work.
it does NOT help, not anymore.
all my toons have exact mob list to attack and item list to pickup and they get banned sometimes.

lost full party in GF some days ago, there was only one picker, but all party is gone.

for me, it's obvious that GMs are using some different method to know if char is botting or not.

also i have bunch of plugins that logs all activity around my party, such new items dropped, new mobs respawned, people targeting my chars,... there was nothing special, but chars were banned.
I am starting to wonder about follow on melee dd might be problem.
Also there are items on /xcfg list that have the exact same name but with different id (one beneath the other)

eg I see Amaranthine Buster id xxxx1 & Amaranthine Buster id xxxx2.

I don't know if one of them is a trap so I checked them both.

People getting banned w/o being warned first is bad for L2.
We need ways to solve the problem. It's auto ban after all.

It's important to be able to see id from items on the ground and especially id from items in your inventory

You can xp actively few hours and then set /xcfg to pickup what you exactly expect mobs to drop. This way you can ensure that ban is not from unknown items. So you can proceed analyzing other reasons that can lead to ban.
about the bans that happened like 5 days ago on GF and another spots i think that was a Live GM doing some "work", i lvl there and wasnt on at the time and i didnt get banned, started to bot at the same spot for 2 days them logged off saturday, them when i try to log the pick char it was banned...
(03-17-2014 13:21 PM)kerberos464 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2014 12:20 PM)lovehart Wrote: [ -> ]If you set the mobs you want to attack and what to pick up it should work.
it does NOT work. not anymore.
all my toons have exact mob list to attack and item list to pickup and they get banned sometimes.

lost full party in GF some days ago, there was only one picker, but all party is gone.

for me, it's obvious that GMs are using some different method to know if char is botting or not.

also i have bunch of plugins that logs all activity around my party, such new items dropped, new mobs respawned, people targeting my chars,... there was nothing special, but chars were banned.

My question to you is how often do you update your items list? I do it every time I log on AND I recheck my pick up and mob list. As I said so far so good.

Cheers.
(03-17-2014 13:59 PM)lovehart Wrote: [ -> ]My question to you is how often do you update your items list? I do it every time I log on AND I recheck my pick up and mob list. As I said so far so good.

Cheers.
i do it every time i activate combat mode upon login (i generate mobs list and items list using scripts).

btw, i think there is some misunderstanding between us.
when i said it does not work, i meant l2tower working good (item list and mob list is applying correctly), but it does NOT help to avoid ban anymore.
(03-17-2014 13:35 PM)oozaoru Wrote: [ -> ]about the bans that happened like 5 days ago on GF and another spots i think that was a Live GM doing some "work", i lvl there and wasnt on at the time and i didnt get banned, started to bot at the same spot for 2 days them logged off saturday, them when i try to log the pick char it was banned...

Believing in Active GM is like believing in Santa Claus.
This opinion (active GM) has already been expressed.
It's time for action.

Also to complete my above post. If in any case tower fails and char picks up unklnown items then provided that we can see all id's from items in our inventory we can take counter measures to minimize losses to the character only and to avoid losing adena/gear.
The ban is not instant yet it is automated.
Nobody wants to take the risk to leave items or even worse sent items to characters that have de facto picked up unknown items.
Reference URL's