Lineage 2 Tower Forum

Full Version: 1-85 Leveling : Ultimate leveling script : All classes + Ertheia [Underground]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-30-2014 15:19 PM)kerberos464 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2014 14:59 PM)goanga1 Wrote: [ -> ]What I understand from your post is that I will get 52 days of fully updated script(ertheia race included) from the moment the script ( ertheia included) is fully working and after those 52 days I will only be able to use the script for the races/classes that the script worked for this morning. Is that correct?
that is correct (but don't expect ertheia race support fast).

(07-30-2014 14:59 PM)goanga1 Wrote: [ -> ]When I first bought the script the deal was I will get all new updates, all new chronicles, as long as I am up to date with my $5/month subscription, which I am and I want to continue to be.
this is partially correct.
you bought 2 months of updates (52 days) and you will get working script for this time.
i'm not dropping support, you get what you paid for.

but you can't force me to sell you anything that i don't want to sell you.
comparing it to any software: when next version is released, sale of previous version is stopped, and sometimes you can update to new version, sometimes you can't.

(a little [maybe stupid] example: my company i work for, bought autodesk autocad 2010 some years ago, then 3 years later they wanted to buy updated version, but autodesk rejected. now they only can buy current version 2015).

Well, I am the very first customer who bought the script, and i still remember it will be up to date with new chronicles and all update.
Now I have unlimit version with like about 20+ days remaining, Do I get the 1 month with all new update feature and new race ?
But from that point, when you changed your plan to sell your product (Stop selling unlimit) let's just simple like You stop selling stuff, you only rent them (50$ for 1 month).
Now why don't make us (all user who bought yur product when 1st day release) like premium customer and give us special thing. Keep using the old way (monthly fee for update).
I can pay money for something that I can use whenever I want. I am just do not like to pay for something that have limit used time Sad

Hope you rethink about it
Thank you Smile)
As a unlimited time user obviously I am not very happy about this change. Back when I first purchased your product there was no indication you would go with the "New version" card and make all old subscriptions invalid.

I was one of the first backers who with a group of people decided not to go with the indiegogo package because there were not enough ppl and trust yet. Right after you put it up for sale on here I did however put trust in you and have been using the script happily since.

While I can live with the 5$ / month (note it was originally a one time purchase with unlimited use). This does feel like a kick in the nuts. I respect the work you put into this product but a bit of a headsup or initial hinting this could happen would have been much appreciated. My current time unlimited version subscription holds till 23 august, If I knew this ahead of time I would have gotten more months.........
As a person would bought the $150 unlimited version, it would seem logical to have that qualify me for 3 months of subscription and full support, since that's what I would have gotten if I paid $50 per month. (Which for me would mean 6 more weeks of full coverage.)
Well, when Indiegogo campaign failed, your rules was :

(04-02-2014 20:15 PM)kerberos464 Wrote: [ -> ]So, here are my rules:
- I will sell encrypted script that bound to your PC by HWID, price is $100 for 1 PC.
- If you need to change your HWID for any reason (PC broke, bought a new PC, changed hardware), you can do it for free every 3 months
- When you buy script, you will get free updates within 1 month from date you bought
- If you want to get update after first month is over, you pay additionally $5 per month
- If you found a critical bug, you will get updated version for free (critical bug is a script error in chat or similar cases)
- Those good guys who donated at Indiegogo, will get 3 months of free updates, if they still want to buy script

Again, script selling is going to start at April, 16.

You even advise taking this option coz of new chronicles :

(04-02-2014 21:13 PM)kerberos464 Wrote: [ -> ]...when new chronicle is released, you probably will want update...

So actually we face a new chronicles, and you just decide to change the rules ...

Btw on 16 april we were allready aware of new class coming soon ...

I hope you will change your mind regarding this.
Guys I think he has the right to change any rules he wants. If you wont like the monthly $50 fee dont be afraid, others will still buy it.
I also suggest to have a 10 client limit per account or make it $5 per client monthly and anyone can buy as many as he wants up to 10 per HWID. This would make the script more usable for everyone and prevent greedy ppl from ruining it for casual users. The last days at Chronos was more than disappointing, none of my chars could pass lvl 76, only those which i lvled up manually. This is not what i was paying for...
So kerberos please consider this solution (with more lvl diversification like 70-72, 74-76 etc as mentioned above) - more money for you, faster leveling for script buyers. Ty.
(07-30-2014 23:23 PM)olaszosan1 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys I think he has the right to change any rules he wants. If you wont like the monthly $50 fee dont be afraid, others will still buy it.

That's not the point, we have a deal, and he change the rules ..
I understand we didn't sign any kind of contract, but that's not a good way to deal with customer
maybe i explained it wrong, maybe you understood it wrong.
i haven't changed the rules.

you bought time unlimited script? yes, it's still time unlimited.
will it be adapted for ertheia? yes, it will (adaptation only, no new features).
will you be able to use all script feature during paid update time? yes, you will.

but i NEVER promised i will update script forever and i NEVER promised that i will sell updates forever.
(07-31-2014 09:17 AM)kerberos464 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe i explained it wrong, maybe you understood it wrong.

will it be adapted for ertheia? yes, it will (adaptation only, no new features).
will you be able to use all script feature during paid update time? yes, you will.

but i NEVER promised i will update script forever and i NEVER promised that i will sell updates forever.

I told you in my initial post regarding this: I understand why you set up the changes. I figure if Ertheia race would have had the same 1-85 path as the rest of the races you would not have felt the need to do it like this but there are not just a few NPCs here and there that need changing, it is a complete rework of (at least) the 1-40 part.

Still, that is why I asked you: Please put yourself in our shoes. What do you think would have been your reaction?
The example you gave with Autodesk is not stupid actually. It is a very similar situation as the new race does not imply slight changes to the script but a whole new different part altogether. This being said in your initial rules you did not leave a place for this to happen. You said ALL updates will come to the ones with unlimited/active subscription.

I will give you another example: Subclass quest. Me, and noone else had in mind that you will ask extra if you implemented that. The new race leveling is similar so why all would have gotten that quest when you made it just by regular $5 subscription and not the new race leveling add-on?

Think of my idea. Increasing the Subscription to $10-$15/month (i for one would pay that, but i would not pay $50/month just to level up ertheia chars).. and you can still sell time limited version to new users for w/e price you decide. Let's say you have 20 unlimited version users.. that is up to $300/month from subscriptions+w/e you will get from time limited (and you need just 6 of those/month to get another $300)
The alternative is to get nothing from alot of unlimited version users (they will just say: screw ertheia race, i will just make 20-30-50 ertheia chars in the time I have left from subscription in case i need them) and get just a few of them on time limited.

Really.. think about it Wink
(07-31-2014 12:17 PM)goanga1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2014 09:17 AM)kerberos464 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe i explained it wrong, maybe you understood it wrong.

I told you in my initial post regarding this: I understand why you set up the changes. I figure if Ertheia race would have had the same 1-85 path as the rest of the races you would not have felt the need to do it like this but there are not just a few NPCs here and there that need changing, it is a complete rework of (at least) the 1-40 part.

Still, that is why I asked you: Please put yourself in our shoes. What do you think would have been your reaction?
The example you gave with Autodesk is not stupid actually. It is a very similar situation as the new race does not imply slight changes to the script but a whole new different part altogether. This being said in your initial rules you did not leave a place for this to happen. You said ALL updates will come to the ones with unlimited/active subscription.

I will give you another example: Subclass quest. Me, and noone else had in mind that you will ask extra if you implemented that. The new race leveling is similar so why all would have gotten that quest when you made it just by regular $5 subscription and not the new race leveling add-on?

Think of my idea. Increasing the Subscription to $10-$15/month (i for one would pay that, but i would not pay $50/month just to level up ertheia chars).. and you can still sell time limited version to new users for w/e price you decide. Let's say you have 20 unlimited version users.. that is up to $300/month from subscriptions+w/e you will get from time limited (and you need just 6 of those/month to get another $300)
The alternative is to get nothing from alot of unlimited version users (they will just say: screw ertheia race, i will just make 20-30-50 ertheia chars in the time I have left from subscription in case i need them) and get just a few of them on time limited.

Really.. think about it Wink

Totally agree with goanga1.
Like I said on my last post, pay for the monthly fee is not problem (maybe 10-15 bucks) but I really do not want to pay 50$/m for the limited version just to level erthica. It's lool like I pay to rent the tool to level erthica. I just like to buy it not rent it Big Grin

Really Kerberos464, think about it Smile)
(07-31-2014 14:22 PM)akuser Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said on my last post, pay for the monthly fee is not problem (maybe 10-15 bucks) but I really do not want to pay 50$/m for the limited version just to level erthica.
don't want to pay for ertheia race, no problem, don't pay for it Smile
you still be able to level all previous classes without additional payment.
Reference URL's