L2Tower Discord Let's keep the community alive with discord. Discussions about plugins and scripts L2Tower Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pickup filter fix.
dst5216 Offline
Expired VIP Member

Version: 1.4.2.132
pickup filter fix.

Hello, i would appreciate it if you guy's could fix the pickup filter (monsters, players, orphant). specifically the monsters one.

It's been a while since it last worked and it's to useful to ignore.

thanks
08-20-2014 20:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tophersoccer Offline
Expired VIP Member

Version: 1.4.3.143
RE: pickup filter fix.

(08-20-2014 20:53 PM)dst5216 Wrote:  Hello, i would appreciate it if you guy's could fix the pickup filter (monsters, players, orphant). specifically the monsters one.

It's been a while since it last worked and it's to useful to ignore.

thanks

//xcfg
08-21-2014 11:25 AM
FzN Offline
Expired VIP Member

Version: 1.4.1.112

i dont think u can set theat from cfg
08-21-2014 12:35 PM
dst5216 Offline
Expired VIP Member

really? no one?
extremely usefull, stops working and nobody has a clue?
09-04-2014 08:19 AM
Atton Offline
Expired VIP Member

//xcfg doesnt work for me either
try searching for /apickup by SimonHM on forums
its a plugin similar to //xcfg that uses ig pickup
09-04-2014 08:29 AM
Manboi_74 Offline
Expired VIP Member

(09-04-2014 08:29 AM)Atton Wrote:  //xcfg doesnt work for me either
try searching for /apickup by SimonHM on forums
its a plugin similar to //xcfg that uses ig pickup

So here is the thing for me with this mentality. Ok, yes we can go and download a plugin to fix the current issue with a built in feature, but why should we have to when the feature itself is already available?

I'm on the fence for upgrading my account to VIP, but if having to download and run multiple scripts and plugins to fix features that simply should be working in the current model is the norm, I might have to reconsider and I am not threatening or anything, I am simply saying, if they want us to rely on plugins and scripts, then remove the features that don't work and have people design the scripts and plugins to replace them.

Another feature which I am still having issues with, is the casting delay issue. I have tried running the Nukefix.lua script and it never seems to work and all I get is constant errors. I have tried using the nukes as self buffs with no T, and it still isn't working correctly, sometimes it just doesn't retarget a new target. I have searched these forums and google for fixes that work for the past 2 days. I am not a scripter or coder and I doubt I ever will be, but I would pay a monthly fee of $10 a month to have a fully 100% functional and intuitional bot program that could easily function correctly given set parameters to meet that are available as a feature in the program.

Would Clockman and the lads at L2tower be willing to offer a premium service for $10 a month instead of the current $25 a year for such a service? And on that note, lets be serious here, most people who pay the $25 are only doing so to run the bot with no downtime, as $25 a year is a mere pittance for someone's time and energy that they put in to the effort and coding that these scripts take, I honestly never thought they were so massive until I started reading in to some of the scripts here, there is simply no way in hell I will ever have the patience to learn how to do it, no matter how easy some of you say it is. I would however, be willing to pay for a premium service for it though.

How many people would be willing to pay $10 a month for a more intuitional program? I am curious.
09-04-2014 18:15 PM
dst5216 Offline
Expired VIP Member

to be honest im starting to get tierd of tower as well. i've wasted months of time now.
And it never end's. Things not working, trying to make scripts or plugin's.

honestly, targeting + auto invite + auto accept invite + pickup, these are the main things that should always work properly in a bot. the fact that some of these things haven't been 100% for a while now is shameful.
09-05-2014 09:57 AM
testforl2 Offline
Expired VIP Member

Version: 1.4.3.143

You guys are totally clueless. I dont even know why you surf this forum if you say "you got tired" or "nothing is working" etc.

If it works for countless other guys but not for you posting those threads then the problem lies somewhere next to you and not in the programs. The majority of the players that don't have any problems are not programmers or scriptwriters or whatever. They just have patience. I dont use ANY PICKUP script, and /xcfg pickup is WORKING 100%. Searching for a solution in a problem is healthy. Dropping a working piece of software just because you refuse to search for the solution is totally another matter. I bet you never had windows problems, and i bet Microsoft never released OS updates before. I also bet the NCsoft still has C1 for offiical server out there after all this years...

Just read your lines: "i ll pay the scriptwriter more if it gets the damn bot to work BETTER". Its kinda hard for me to believe that any HOBBYIST scriptwriter leaves his work incomplete just to "ask" more money from its customers in order to complete it afterwards. Pay attention in the HOBBYIST word. It will clear things apart for you.
09-05-2014 10:35 AM
Manboi_74 Offline
Expired VIP Member

(09-05-2014 10:35 AM)testforl2 Wrote:  You guys are totally clueless. I dont even know why you surf this forum if you say "you got tired" or "nothing is working" etc.

If it works for countless other guys but not for you posting those threads then the problem lies somewhere next to you and not in the programs. The majority of the players that don't have any problems are not programmers or scriptwriters or whatever. They just have patience. I dont use ANY PICKUP script, and /xcfg pickup is WORKING 100%. Searching for a solution in a problem is healthy. Dropping a working piece of software just because you refuse to search for the solution is totally another matter. I bet you never had windows problems, and i bet Microsoft never released OS updates before. I also bet the NCsoft still has C1 for offiical server out there after all this years...

Just read your lines: "i ll pay the scriptwriter more if it gets the damn bot to work BETTER". Its kinda hard for me to believe that any HOBBYIST scriptwriter leaves his work incomplete just to "ask" more money from its customers in order to complete it afterwards. Pay attention in the HOBBYIST word. It will clear things apart for you.

With all due respect test, I have searched for days for fixes too my issues and done exactly what has been suggested to do in these forums with no success. I have even spent days upon days going back through posts as far back as 2011 at which point is likely moot due to versions not being compatible.

You lack the simple understanding on having a bot that works ok versus a fully intuitional working program and like dst said, simply things like pickup should be working without the requirement of multiple plugins, scripts or the need to fix coding in /xcfg which by the way never works for me and errors out.

When we say intuitional, we are saying smarter and more efficient. Anyone who has been using this program for the past few weeks knows the issues with it, is it a working piece software? Yes it is. Is it a fully 100% working piece of software? Debatable.

As for your hobbyist comment, I am a hobbyist gamer and like any hobby it costs you either money, time and energy or in most cases, both. If I want to offer Clockman a premium fee for a premium service on a monthly basis for a smarter, faster thinking and more efficient bot, I am sure he would be willing to look in to it and there would be thousands of other people out there willing to pay the same.

Now let me be real clear here, most people aren't scripters or coders, you are correct, however, most people just use it right out the box with no scripts or plugins and just use it because its free to use and its free to make L2 accounts if you get banned, so no one cares enough to be passionate about it to request it to become a better program, they just simply, use it. Those who can code and script, do so and either share their work here, keep it for themselves or sell it which is personal preference and I have no issues with that.

By saying we are clueless is quite the opposite, we want L2 tower to become better. I have noticed quite a few scripts and plugins that should probably be removed due to the last time they were updated which is going on 2 - 3 years for some now. I find it funny how you seem to think that being a hobbyist automatically means being a perfectionist. Coders generally put in the ability to script and plugin because they don't have the time or patience themselves to continually fix the software OR add constant requests for software updates, therefor they put the emphasis back on to the user base to do it themselves and I am not saying Clockman is lazy or anything, he is one person with minimal help from a hand full of people who have generated an awesome piece of software but it could be a lot better and by offering more money to them to make it better is how the way of progression works.

Let me put it this way, if you had 1000 people willing to pay $10 a month for a more advanced and intuitional program, would you as a hobbyist spend the time and energy to make it happen? I know if I had the skills to do it I would be.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 03:01 AM by Manboi_74.)
09-06-2014 02:57 AM
dst5216 Offline
Expired VIP Member

(09-05-2014 10:35 AM)testforl2 Wrote:  You guys are totally clueless. I dont even know why you surf this forum if you say "you got tired" or "nothing is working" etc.

you should read what this thread is about, before you call people clueless.
Thread is about the pick up filter IN THE GUI.
filter: players, monsters, orphant.
and its common knowledge that monsters and orphant hasn't worked for alot of people and for a long time now.

(09-06-2014 02:57 AM)Manboi_74 Wrote:  

With all due respect test, I have searched for days for fixes too my issues and done exactly what has been suggested to do in these forums with no success. I have even spent days upon days going back through posts as far back as 2011 at which point is likely moot due to versions not being compatible.

You lack the simple understanding on having a bot that works ok versus a fully intuitional working program and like dst said, simply things like pickup should be working without the requirement of multiple plugins, scripts or the need to fix coding in /xcfg which by the way never works for me and errors out.

When we say intuitional, we are saying smarter and more efficient. Anyone who has been using this program for the past few weeks knows the issues with it, is it a working piece software? Yes it is. Is it a fully 100% working piece of software? Debatable.

As for your hobbyist comment, I am a hobbyist gamer and like any hobby it costs you either money, time and energy or in most cases, both. If I want to offer Clockman a premium fee for a premium service on a monthly basis for a smarter, faster thinking and more efficient bot, I am sure he would be willing to look in to it and there would be thousands of other people out there willing to pay the same.

Now let me be real clear here, most people aren't scripters or coders, you are correct, however, most people just use it right out the box with no scripts or plugins and just use it because its free to use and its free to make L2 accounts if you get banned, so no one cares enough to be passionate about it to request it to become a better program, they just simply, use it. Those who can code and script, do so and either share their work here, keep it for themselves or sell it which is personal preference and I have no issues with that.

By saying we are clueless is quite the opposite, we want L2 tower to become better. I have noticed quite a few scripts and plugins that should probably be removed due to the last time they were updated which is going on 2 - 3 years for some now. I find it funny how you seem to think that being a hobbyist automatically means being a perfectionist. Coders generally put in the ability to script and plugin because they don't have the time or patience themselves to continually fix the software OR add constant requests for software updates, therefor they put the emphasis back on to the user base to do it themselves and I am not saying Clockman is lazy or anything, he is one person with minimal help from a hand full of people who have generated an awesome piece of software but it could be a lot better and by offering more money to them to make it better is how the way of progression works.

Let me put it this way, if you had 1000 people willing to pay $10 a month for a more advanced and intuitional program, would you as a hobbyist spend the time and energy to make it happen? I know if I had the skills to do it I would be.

I have to agree on a lot of points to this.
But the fact is a lot of things that should work perfectly, don't.
And you can't blame people having to deal with shiit like this day in and day out. it's frustrating.

Average botters already have to deal with ban's, critical errors, disconnects, glitches, things not working in GUI and on top of that solve problems with scripting..
And you can say all you want about the search function on the forum for scripts. But there are times when you wont get a proper answer, wont get an answer at all or end up having to use something less then acceptable.

Can't blame people getting tired.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 11:05 AM by dst5216.)
09-06-2014 10:53 AM
 Reputed by : Manboi_74(+2)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  /xcfg filter option error rampage186 6 4,164 12-02-2015 21:21 PM
Last Post: rampage186
  beta version pickup problem birda91 0 1,873 05-27-2015 16:44 PM
Last Post: birda91
  about --pickup set machas 7 5,135 08-20-2014 19:42 PM
Last Post: capucine
  [Version 125] PickUp not working arterder 15 6,729 07-31-2014 20:03 PM
Last Post: kerberos464
  Help please Pickup Question jamesisawesom 1 1,896 07-30-2014 07:46 AM
Last Post: tophersoccer
  Weird pickup item capucine 0 1,816 07-24-2014 22:48 PM
  Weird pickup item capucine 0 2,459 07-24-2014 22:18 PM
  bug with pickup buzika 2 2,420 07-05-2014 18:15 PM
Last Post: buzika
  pickup brindle64 3 3,207 06-10-2014 09:47 AM
Last Post: xxmonti
  Pickup list option? Skitterz 1 2,301 03-20-2014 14:17 PM
Last Post: lucastremere

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)