L2Tower Discord Let's keep the community alive with discord. Discussions about plugins and scripts L2Tower Discord

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GM detection criteria
Manboi_74 Offline
Expired VIP Member

Version: 1.4.2.132
GM detection criteria

So today I was monitoring my progression and I am not sure about how GM's go about testing if you are a bot or legit player. I am new to the botting scene so I had a few questions.

I read here that they tend to throw down "weird" items, however I have noticed before I started using a bot a few months ago that I was legitimately picking up Herbs with excessively high values in to the hundreds of thousands, I assumed at the time it was a visual bug and paid no attention to it, how did I pick them up if it was invisible? I hold down my pick up button instead of spamming it, so I dunno if the in game pick up button is able to pick these "weird" items up, but I did notice some crazy values from time to time. So basically, I am aware of the "weird" item test.

Today I had an issue in DV which I am a little paranoid that a GM may have been watching or testing me, but I cannot be sure.

While grinding with the L2Tower bot going, I was doing some study at the same time, and I made a filter alarm for when anyone speaks regardless wether it be in open channels, PM's or even in range of my character, I hadn't heard it go off for some hours as it was early morning. The filter basically contained the : sign so if anyone spoke in any channels, I would hear the trigger noise and respond to it straight away especially if it was a PM or someone trying to get my attention in range of me.

I heard it trigger and looked up to see a Smiley face in the chat window and no one in sight, I had a toon there that has the ability Flare (shows hidden characters) and used it thinking it may have been a stealthed character but did not reveal anything. About a second later, I think I may have been teleported, but I can't be sure because the distance of the teleport was very small and may have been lag, when I say small I mean, well within 100 - 200 range. Luckily I was watching at the time and paused the Bot straight away and started to manually play and make it look normal. I would think that if it was a teleport test they would teleport me much further then that, but I am not sure tbh.

My questions are, when GM's teleport you, how far do they normally teleport you and secondly, can they remain stealthed without detection from in game skills?

If they suspect you for botting, do they ban you on the spot or is there a investigation process that takes a few days/weeks?

Besides the item and teleport test, what are some other known ways GM's test you?
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 10:59 AM by Manboi_74.)
09-03-2014 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fox Away
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!

Version: 1.4.2.142
RE: GM detection criteria

they don't need to test anything just read the online time / xp logs to see it's humanly not possible

G2A is a fantastic web-store where you can buy games cheap (40%+ Discounts!)
[Image: uaFndGu.gif]
09-03-2014 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manboi_74 Offline
Expired VIP Member

Version: 1.4.2.132

(09-03-2014 11:11 AM)Fox Wrote:  they don't need to test anything just read the online time / xp logs to see it's humanly not possible

That's assuming you are logged in 24/7.

I only use mine when I am at the computer.
09-03-2014 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fox Away
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!

Version: 1.4.2.142

i use it like that for a few years now, still have my char so... risk it or grind it

G2A is a fantastic web-store where you can buy games cheap (40%+ Discounts!)
[Image: uaFndGu.gif]
09-03-2014 14:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Movement detection selene 2 2,118 12-03-2013 19:08 PM
Last Post: selene
  L2 Official Chronos is working fine. But what about detection methods? teln3t 6 7,546 04-02-2012 00:17 AM
Last Post: alexfq3a
  Detection Caracas 2 2,878 04-26-2011 16:12 PM
Last Post: Midnight

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)