Lineage 2 Tower Forum

Full Version: Reports include screenshot of whole screen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think everyone should know.

So those reports include screenshots of whole monitor's (one's game was running on) screen.
Weren't they supposed to include just error's or game's window?

So if anyone has problem with it, go to "l2towerfolder/temp/reports" and manually remove screenshot from zip file before using L2TowerReport.exe
it's hard to detect what window should be captured, sometimes it can by hint from tray, sometimes some other app can cause crash of L2. If you have something to hide then you can remove it in manual way.
Reports also contain/can contain: ip of server, character name, windows user name and list of dlls loaded into game, network packets logs (last 1000), simiar for other logs (last 1000 entrys), dump with all data related to what is loaded into game (characters, items, skills), l2tower configuration, and license info...
Yes true but anyway , i trust ClockMan so i know only him and Geddys checked them.
Personally i don't have problem with it until anything bad happens.

It's just that community of previous bot i was working on was paranoid about privacy and screenshot would hardly not contain any personal info.

Imho there should be option to enable/disable including screenshots in reports, disabled by default, with some popup on first-run informing about it.
lol simply open the screenshot use eraser and delete ur char name!
Yeah, but not everyone reads forums and not everyone stumbles over this topic.
Reference URL's