Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monken: Buccaneers “drank the Kool-Aid” in 2017
zhangzk Offline
Banned

Version: None
Monken: Buccaneers “drank the Kool-Aid” in 2017

As the 2018 season approaches http://www.tampabaybuccaneersteamonline....sen-jersey , the Buccaneers are hoping to rebound from a tough 2017. Tampa Bay finished 5-11 last year, so there was work to be done this offseason. General manager Jason Licht had roster changes to make, while the players and coaches had work to do in terms of bringing individual talent together for a better overall performance as a team.The Bucs have been mediocre-to-awful since 2007, failing to make the playoffs in each year. But 2017 was supposed to be different. Everything was supposed to come together, which was a sentiment echoed by many NFL analysts that picked Tampa Bay to either earn a wild card spot or even win the NFC South. HBO’s “Hard Knocks” series only added to the hype, featuring lines like “this is a team ready for launch.” Things were great for the Bucs last year until they weren’t. They had two separate five-game losing streaks and finished last in the division for the sixth time in seven years.Fast forward to Wednesday, which featured the team’s final training camp practice. Offensive coordinator Todd Monken appeared to confirm that attitude was an issue last year. From Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times: While Monken’s ability to be so straight-forward is refreshing, the quote itself is very telling. There were plenty of reasons for Tampa Bay’s 11 losses last year. Quarterback Jameis Winston struggled with an injury for much of the year, Doug Martin failed to return to his 2015 self, the team still had issues in the kicking game and the complete absence of a pass rush led to a defense that ranked dead last in passing defense.Despite all of that, it’s reasonable to believe that an overarching issue was the team’s overall attitude and approach. That’s where things have to change this year. Every team in the NFL has professional talent and most have good-to-great coaching. The Bucs have to get their minds right for 2018 and not take that for granted. It will surely fall on head coach Dirk Koetter and the extensive number of leaders on the team to make sure they don’t repeat the letdown that was 2017. Adding veterans like Jason Pierre-Paul, Vinny Curry and Beau Allen should help that effort.Things are a bit different this year, as Winston’s suspension and a brutal schedule have lowered expectations for many in the national media and the fan base. Even still Womens Chris Godwin Jersey , there’s an unreal amount of talent in Tampa Bay’s locker room. There’s no telling if it will truly come together and translate to victories. Schemes and execution are highly important, but a certain mentality is needed to be successful. After failing in that aspect last year, the Bucs seem aware that they need the right outlook heading into the 2018 season. Tennessee cornerback Adoree Jackson was flipping for joy after a couple of interceptions defending Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson and the rest of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.The 18th pick overall in 2017 by the Titans, Jackson celebrated picking off a pass to DeSean Jackson Thursday in a one-on-one drill with a flip. With few people on the far side of the field watching, Jackson made sure to flip again after intercepting a pass intended for Tampa Bay tight end O.J. Howard."Back home, they'd give me a 10," Jackson said. "If I was in the Olympics, I probably wouldn't get a high score I don't think. I didn't stick my landing correctly. I didn't do the right things. I didn't tuck or none of that. Everybody said they were scared when I was in the air. ... I'd have gave me a seven."Titans coach Mike Vrabel has no issue with how Jackson likes to celebrate big plays."If he wants to backflip after he intercepts the ball or bats it down, I'm all for it," Vrabel said.The Buccaneers and Titans wrapped up their second joint practice Thursday in a prelude to their exhibition game Saturday night, and these sessions have provided a good preseason test for a Tennessee secondary that wants to be one of the NFL's best, if not the best Authentic DeSean Jackson Jersey , against a group of wide receivers that helped Tampa Bay rank fourth in the NFL last season in passing offense.Evans and his teammates got the best of the Titans on Wednesday with Tampa Bay coach Dirk Koetter noting that offense should beat defense in 1-on-1 drills. Koetter thought his receivers came out "smoking" with Evans having a really good practice."They've got good corners, we've got good receivers," Koetter said. "It's fun to watch those guys compete."The Titans bounced back Thursday, setting a tone in 1-on-1s with Malcolm Butler breaking up a pass to DeSean Jackson. That's the drill where Butler's teammate used a tip from fellow cornerback Logan Ryan to watch for a specific move. Jackson turned, got his left hand in tipping the ball to himself for the interception."Kudos to Logan for getting me in position, and I just had to make the play," the Titans cornerback said.The 6-foot-5 Evans gave Tennessee a strong test at 6-foot-5 with at least 1,000 yards receiving in each of his first four seasons. Evans also gave the Titans defensive backs a good review."Oh, I like them," Evans said. "Butler, physical, experienced corner. Adoree Jackson, hell of an athlete Womens Vita Vea Jersey , and Logan Ryan he has game. Very experienced, very smart."Adoree Jackson called the joint practices a lot of competition with both teams pitting their first-team units against each other."You're fired up," Jackson said. "You're trying to show out, they're trying to show out. They're trying to expose you, you're trying to expose them, and it's all about getting better. Man, I feel like I sweated more in these joint practices than I did my whole life."Both Vrabel and Koetter made it clear before these practices to avoid fighting, and they were successful with the exception of back-to-back plays with the Titans' first-team offense on the field.Bucs safety Chris Conte hit Titans running back Dion Lewis hard, prompting pushing and shoving. Vrabel and Titans general manager Jon Robinson both ran in to break it up. On the next play with Derrick Henry running, the Titans and Bucs pushed and shoved each other again.NOTES: Bucs rookie Alex Cappa worked at right guard with the first-team after Caleb Benenoch got a bit banged up in the first team period. Koetter said Bennenoch returned. ... Bucs CB Ryan Smith went inside with trainers, and Koetter did not have an update. ... Titans TE Delanie Walker walked gingerly inside with a team doctor after a catch across the middle.Follow Teresa M. Walker at teresamwalker
03-04-2019 08:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Zip RAR mp3 320 Amerigo Gazaway - A Common Wonder (2017) lepartinas 0 548 08-31-2019 16:48 PM
Last Post: lepartinas
  download zip album J. Stalin & DJ Fresh - The Tonite Show with J. Stalin (2017) lepartinas 0 495 08-31-2019 16:37 PM
  LEAK ALBUM zip Tech N9ne - Dominion (Deluxe Edition) (2017) lepartinas 0 542 08-30-2019 16:54 PM
  All Torrents ZIP XXXTENTACION - 17 (2017) lepartinas 0 770 08-29-2019 21:58 PM
  Leak torrent Krayzie Bone - Eternal Legend (2017) lepartinas 0 667 08-29-2019 21:40 PM
  The Tampa Bay Buccaneers laiyongcai92 0 479 05-27-2019 09:11 AM
Last Post: laiyongcai92
  Imsi Turbocad Civil 2017 v24.0.663 apple2000 0 512 05-23-2019 03:46 AM
Last Post: apple2000
  The Tampa Bay Buccaneers laiyongcai92 0 499 05-15-2019 08:55 AM
  Buccaneers 30 Titans 14 final score recap laiyongcai92 0 459 03-05-2019 07:49 AM
  With it being in their own backyard, the Buccaneers brass zhangzk 0 449 03-04-2019 09:27 AM
Last Post: zhangzk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)